[WikiEN-l] What do you look for in admin candidates?

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Sat May 5 05:20:26 UTC 2007

I started a survey a while ago to find out what factors people
consider important when they are giving their opinion on requests for
adminship, it's had some good responses so far and I'm announcing it
again here to involve a wider audience:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_adminship/Factors

The responses so far have been interesting. There are some trends developing:

* some factors are broadly considered important by most people (eg,
candidate's history of interaction with other users),

* some factors are not considered important on their own, but can be
good indicators of other important factors (eg, involvement with
collaborative efforts - not important as a factor but a useful
indicator of interaction with other users), and

* some factors are not considered important at all (eg, whether
candidate has demonstrated a "need" for the tools).

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com