[WikiEN-l] Press coverage listing the HD-DVD key

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Fri May 4 19:59:46 UTC 2007

> On 04/05/07, Todd Allen <toddmallen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Find a nice Dutch webhost? (Which given this garbage, might not be a
> > terrible idea anyway?)
>

> Nope: just say "Here's an encyclopedic article. They're trying to
> suppress this. Have a look at them SUPPRESSING a NUMBER." Instant
> press disaster.

I hope if this actually happens that the argument is better than
pointing out the fact that this key can be expressed as a number.
Because, anything which can be digitized can be expressed as a number.

Besides, if someone posted your telephone number and credit card
number on Wikipedia, and the foundation refused to remove it, I bet
you'd be pissed too.

Granted, I think this is different, because copying DVDs is a good
thing while stealing stuff using credit card numbers is a bad thing,
but from the POV of a large portion of the population piracy is
actually a bad thing.

Anthony