[WikiEN-l] Press coverage listing the HD-DVD key

Todd Allen toddmallen at gmail.com
Fri May 4 13:15:59 UTC 2007

That's not responsibility. As reluctant as I am to use the word,
that's caving to censorship. I'm 100% for curbing any attempts to spam
the thing all over the place. We don't tolerate spamming campaigns,
never have, never should. At the same time, the NYT, Wired, and the
like are hardly "the mob". They're reliable sources that we cite
across hundreds or probably thousands of articles. And "reliable
sources are in control" is, if not stated that way specifically, fully
in keeping with our core principles. The real mob (or, in this case,
thug) here is the industry organization trying to prohibit mention of
a number. The message we send if we cave is "Thugs are in control, if
they're potentially big and nasty enough."

On 5/4/07, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:

> [...]

Freedom is the right to know that 2+2=4. From this all else follows.