[WikiEN-l] HD DVD key mess - OFFICE/Foundation?

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Wed May 2 20:35:17 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:

> Yeah. The "wait" solution is bolstered by its clear effectiveness on
> [[Brian Peppers]] - after a year, it was obvious "oh, he's not really
> notable after all." Just some poor bugger with a weird condition.

Well, we never really got to come to a conclusion on that.  And the
conclusion we came to was pathetically wrong, so it's a poor example
across the board.

Notability isn't temporary, whether it's some unfortunate web meme or a
large-scale act of civil disobedience.  Yes, probably, if we had an
article on the situation and on the number, it would decrease it better
than the typical overreaction we tend to have.

-Jeff

--
If you can read this, I'm not at home.