[WikiEN-l] Wikicharts

Ilmari Karonen nospam at vyznev.net
Wed May 2 11:50:18 UTC 2007

Andrew Gray wrote:
> On 02/05/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> That said, hell yeah - make [[Wiki]] a feature!
>
> Search engine hits explain that article pretty well, by the way -
> compare the hit rate for "Wikipedia". For better or worse, people
> think we are simply called "wiki"; the very high hit rate for [[Wiki]]
> will be people *searching for Wikipedia generally*, not finding
> Wikipedia articles in search results.

Either that, or they end up on Wikipedia for some other reason, maybe
for the first, second or third time, see the logo banner in the corner
and think "okay, I give up, what the heck is a 'wiki'?!" and type it in
the search box just below.

But yeah, your explanation probably accounts for most of the hits, and
is not one that would've occurred to me.  Nice lateral thinking. :)

And yeah, [[Wiki]] should definitely be an FA.

--
Ilmari Karonen