[WikiEN-l] Administrator flameout: Naconkantari

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Tue May 1 22:33:49 UTC 2007

Matthew Brown wrote:

> a) How do you select these less than a dozen people?  Will everyone -
> or even a good solid supermajority - agree with you?

I think most of them would be clear to most people.  On most, I think a
good solid supermajority would agree we'd be better off without them, but
there's no realistic way to guage it.

> b) If you ousted the dozen worst troublemakers on the project - by
> whoever's definition - you also lose a bunch of their friends and a
> bunch of other people who would be pissed off by such an action.  How
> do you handle that?  Do you just write it off as the costs of fixing
> the place?

Absolutely a worthwhile cost.  Chances are, if they'd leave because we
lost such cancers, they weren't really all that worth having around to
begin with.

-Jeff

--
If you can read this, I'm not at home.