[WikiEN-l] contacting schools

Aude audevivere at gmail.com
Tue May 1 22:24:31 UTC 2007

Does anyone have experience contacting schools regarding vandalism and can
offer advice/best practices?

I had to block one of the schools one of the jurisdictions where I attended
school, and comfortable contacting them.  They can possibly track down which
student did the latest vandalism, but not really sure what the school can do
to stop them.  I only speculate that it's a relatively small number of other
kids responsible for previous incidents of vandalism from the school.  Does
that sound reasonable?

The majority of edits from the school IP are not constructive, but some are
constructive.  The volume of vandalism is moderate, but manageable (on our
end) and not high as I've seen with other schools.  And have no idea how
many students and staff there edit with accounts.  I prefer not simply
blocking the whole school because of some bad kids.

What other things can the school network administrator and staff do?  Any
suggestions?

--Aude