[WikiEN-l] Administrator flameout: Naconkantari

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Tue May 1 16:50:04 UTC 2007

On 5/1/07, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:
> William Pietri [mailto:william at scissor.com] wrote:
> >Also, when you refer to ArbCom-blessed continual agitation, is that the
> >same thing as the ANI reference to free passes for certain people?
>
> That is just part of life. High status actors can get away with more. Not sure I could find the
> discussion you cite easily. Generally, it has been framed, "So and so may be nasty, but he is a
> great editor."

A quick note from a sitting Arbitrator that nobody has a free pass.
NOBODY.  Acting like you do is inviting us to show you how you don't.

In deciding remedies, we are of course influenced by the totality of
someone's contribution to the project.  This is not a free pass and
the more you come up before arbcom, especially if it's for the same
reasons as before, the less we will consider the positive since
clearly the negative is not being worked on.

-Matt