[WikiEN-l] let's be honest then

Sage Ross ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 21:19:10 UTC 2007

On 3/31/07, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:

> Stable versions could probably help too, if implemented properly.

Since stable versions finally actually seem to be just around the
corner, with a live alpha version running on the developer's test
wiki, we should probably start talking about what "implemented
properly" will mean.  If I understand the technical parts correctly,
it will enable a pretty open-ended version flagging system, so that
article versions can be flagged (by editors with the appropriate
permissions) "non-vandalized", "checked for accuracy", and whatever
other levels of certification we want to create.  The decision of
which is the minimum display level (what non-editors see) can (I
think) be set on a per-article basis.  So it would make sense to have
a higher bar than just "non-vandalized" for all biographies of living
people.

The questions are, what should that bar be?, and how big a portion of
the editor pool should have the ability to so certify articles?.  The
easy way would be to pick some edit count and time requirement (500
edits, 3 months?); otherwise, we would have to create some kind of
"clueful editor" status aside from admin.

-Sage