[WikiEN-l] let's be honest then

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 18:55:25 UTC 2007

On 31/03/07, James Farrar <james.farrar at gmail.com> wrote:
> {{sofixit}}, quite frankly.
>
> Where {{sofixit} != speedy deletion when the article has already been
> kept after an AfD.

{{sofixit}} quite often involves a clueful editor or two camping on
the article for months, reverting attempts to turn it into a
hatchetjob. Which is fine; it's what we do with [[George W. Bush]]
every day. But we only have so many clueful editors with time to
spare, and this process simply runs out after a time.

If the *community* is not willing to pull together to maintain such
articles, the community's desire to have them "kept and cleaned up" is
rather futile.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk