[WikiEN-l] Getting hammered in a tv interview is not fun

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Sat Mar 31 17:37:50 UTC 2007

Slim Virgin wrote:
> On 3/30/07, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't recall signing up to a system of ethics when editing wikipedia.
>>

> Wow, Geni.  :-(

Perhaps I'm missing some context here, but I think that's a reasonable
statement.

If we are really trying to encourage the broadest participation, then
demanding that all participants agree to some particular set of values
conflicts with that.

Naturally, some sets of values work better with our goals than others.
But I'd rather focus on the goals, where I think we have some hope of
agreement.

William