[WikiEN-l] Getting hammered in a tv interview is not fun

Slim Virgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 23:55:36 UTC 2007

On 3/30/07, Denny Colt <wikidenny at gmail.com> wrote:
> If OTRS is backed up and not working 'fast enough', how do more people get
> into it? What are the requirements and entry threshold? Who decides who gets
> in? How do you get in? If it's understaffed, staff it up. Is it volunteer?
> Paid?

OTRS is voluntary, and by and large they do a tremendous, thankless
task, but as with all voluntary things, there can be problems. I saw
one OTRS volunteer actually post to a talk page that a named
journalist was a liar. Someone had complained to OTRS that certain
material was being kept out of a BLP. The complainant made the point
that the main source in the BLP was (instead of the dodgy sources he
wanted to use) a well-known journalist who was "probably lying through
his teeth."

The OTRS volunteer posted this statement on the talk page along with
the journalist's name, and the claim that he was "probably lying
through his teeth."

Sarah