[WikiEN-l] Getting hammered in a tv interview is not fun

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 30 23:21:11 UTC 2007

Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:10:25 -0600, Bryan Derksen
> <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>> I assume you're also one of the folks who supports removing Angela
>> Beesley's birthdate from her article because although the birth register
>> for her hometown's hospital listed an Angela Beesley born on the same
>> date she claimed was her birthdate, there could have been _another_
>> Angela Beesley born on the same day and in the same hospital as her?
>> This level of synthesis is not a novel creative act, IMO.
>
> No, that's a fact stated by the individual and corroborated from
> public record, that's fine.  How many Angela Beesleys would have been
> born in that hospital on that day to parents with names matching those
> of her mother and father?  Not many.

Well, last I checked the information was still excluded from the article
on that basis, so I'm reassured to find at least one spot where we're on
the same side here. Makes it less likely that one of us has simply gone
loony.

> This is different.  It is a name, just a name, and a place, and no
> actual detail of the link between the two (could have been a prank by
> the IT people), no additional data to link the two, it's not
> corroborating any other source.

It's not even corroborated by the original source, making this an
increasingly hard-to-analyze situation. :)