[WikiEN-l] Daniel Brandt & other banned users posting still

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Fri Mar 30 22:49:20 UTC 2007

On 30 Mar 2007 at 17:23, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/30/07, Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't think Jon Awbrey is actually banned - at least, I can't recall
> > it.  Rather, he 'left the project' rather volubly (on this mailing
> > list especially, to the point of getting moderated) and then, like
> > many 'departed' users, returned under different names.  I'm not sure
> > of the specifics.
>
> He was banned after exhausting the communities patience, and
> indefinitely blocked by User:Gwernol on September 7, 2006. He has
> since created over 100 sockpuppets. He used them to edit war
> incessantly at [[Truth theory]], an article filled with his original
> research, until the article was permanently deleted. Since then he's
> been edit-warring at [[Charles Peirce]], another article he has filled
> with his original research. I believe he's edited the latter article
> with over a dozen sockpuppets.

And he's a frequent poster to Wiki Whiner Central (aka Wikipedia
Review), where he's one of several participants who goes on about how
horribly corrupt, evil, and useless Wikipedia is, and how big a waste
of time it is to actually attempt to edit it... while all the while
continuing to come back with more sockpuppets and edit Wikipedia.
"Do as I say, not as I do."

--
== Dan ==