[WikiEN-l] Getting hammered in a tv interview is not fun

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Fri Mar 30 12:36:02 UTC 2007

> On 3/29/07, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
> > I hope the horse I am beating is still alive: we have to be absolutely
> > ruthless about removing "I think I heard it somewhere"
> > pseudo-information from Wikipedia, and especially from biographies.
> >

> We don't have the resources to this without straight deleting about
> 95%+ of bios. <i>And that still wouldn't solve the problem</I>

Why wouldn't it solve the problem?

Personally I'd lean toward "deleting" (in reality the information is
still there) 95%+ of bios (by hand, not automatically), if that's
really what's necessary.

> > People who are fighting the good fight here are sometimes threatened
> > with a trip to ArbCom.  They need our support, though.
>
> If the people dealing with copyvios can stay within the rules and be
> effective so can the BLP people.

So you think it's possible to remove "95+ of bios" without violating
the three revert rule?  Yeah right.

Anthony