[WikiEN-l] Getting hammered in a tv interview is not fun

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 08:13:07 UTC 2007

On 3/30/07, Slim Virgin <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/29/07, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:
> > It needs to be clear up and down the line that the arbitration committee
> will support people who remove unsourced information, as long as they are
> nice about it. But these things should never come to us, people who resist
> removal of unsourced information should be clued in long before it comes to
> that.
> >
> The other solution is to stop publishing biographies of living
> persons, or at least to offer subjects deletion on request.
>
> By hosting living bios, and by inviting anyone in the world to edit
> them, we're encouraging bad editing in a quantity we have no hope of
> controlling.
>
> Sarah

Offering subjects to delete on request is a bad idea IMO. If they can't
handle sourced criticism, we can't possibly have neutral articles on anyone.
We should wait for stable versions and get some BIO patrol to vet new
content before it goes live to avoid unsourced stuff ever entering the
biography.

Mgm