[WikiEN-l] Getting hammered in a tv interview is not fun

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 30 01:43:12 UTC 2007

Jimmy Wales wrote:
> Bryan Derksen wrote:
>> But even you, even now in this very instance you're using as an example
>> of what you think should be done, _didn't_ ruthlessly remove the
>> unsourced information. If you really believe that we have to be
>> absolutely ruthless about removing all unsourced information why did you
>> deliberately leave the married-with-two-young-sons thing in?
>
> I asked her personally and she said it was true, and at that moment I
> assumed we can find a source quickly enough and and I know that bringing
> the section in question to the attention of good editors will bring
> about quick positive change.
>
> I am not advocating some kind of weird radical knee jerk attempt to take
> out every single thing in Wikipedia TODAY that does not have a source.

Sorry, I interpreted "we have to be absolutely ruthless about removing
"I think I heard it somewhere" pseudo-information from Wikipedia" to
mean something along those lines. I guess I'm a bit knee-jerk about
reacting to knee-jerk reactions.

Thanks for clarifying your position, it sounds much more reasonable this
way (ie, more like my own philosophy :)