[WikiEN-l] Getting hammered in a tv interview is not fun

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 23:04:19 UTC 2007

I like the "raise the notability bar" idea that Doc has, and perhaps Slim
Virgin's threshhold might be the right course.  I recently stumbled into a
biography stub on a person I would certainly have thought was not
particularly notable. The article required about five minutes of work to
clean up - and thought that would be the end of it.  As it turns out, it was
loaded with commercial links and open proxy editors (some of whom were
apparently being paid to add the commercial links). So what started out to
be a five minute project took several hours of work. I am sure there are
thousands of articles like this, and it is demotivating to editors to have
to work this hard to clean up an article that is of questionable value in
the first place.

Risker