[WikiEN-l] Bruce McMahan

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 18:21:58 UTC 2007

On Mar 29, 2007, at 2:10 PM, Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:

> Maybe.  If it's judged significant.  Which, in this case, it clearly
> is not, since nobody else seems to be running with it.  Have you read
> their follow-up stories?  It looks *awfully* like a vendetta.

Nah. It looks like alternative press follow-ups. They tend to run
hard with their exclusives.

Put another way - if he's significant enough to have an article then
the alternative press article that comes up as the first Google hit
on him is significant enough to mention.

Anyway - this got reprint in the Village Voice - quite a major paper.

I'm troubled here by the shifting argument. First it's from a
tabloid. Except it's not from a tabloid - it's from a reputable paper
that did original research. But then when it's pointed out that NOR
isn't relevant to this either it becomes insignificant.

Still not the case - if we're having an article on the guy, this is a
sensible thing to put in it.

-Phil