[WikiEN-l] Citizendium to launch this week

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 20:33:27 UTC 2007

On 3/26/07, Matthew Woodcraft <matthew at woodcraft.me.uk> wrote:
> It isn't so terribly shocking. After all, Wikipedia did the same.

There is a big difference. When wikipedia launched, it was very much
an experiment. It wasn't really clear how the copyright-thing should
work, free content was in its infancy. We've worked it out since then
and now has an advanced and rigorous system for dealing with such
issues. Citizendium doesn't have to reinvent the wheel, they can just
look at wikipedia and see how we handle copyright. Wikipedia didn't
have that luxury.

--Oskar