[WikiEN-l] Blog Entries (Bauer fork)

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Tue Mar 27 14:20:30 UTC 2007

Cary Bass wrote:

> You are completely incorrect, however, in calling me completely
> incorrect. You are insulting and counter-productive.

If it's insulting to call someone incorrect when they're incorrect, then
I'm an insulting asshole.  I can accept that.

Is it counter-productive to call someone out when they're wrong?  I hope not.

> Furthermore, you are responding to my initial email which I have already
> modified by saying that there were exceptiosn.

Very well.  So you understand that blogs can often act as reliable sources?

> Blogs as sources are the exception and not the rule, and each needs to
> be considered and weighed before it is used, and not after.  Blogs are
> generally unrelaible and non-notable and should not be used as reliable
> sources.

Nope, that's where you head off the wrong trail.  In many cases, they
*should* be the rule based on the subject and the available resources.
EVERY source needs to be considered and weighed, and singling blogs out as
something inherently different is, again, backwards thinking.  They
*should* be used as reliable sources whenever appropriate.

> Jeff, I respectfully request that you stop responding to my posts with
> insults such as "You're completely incorrect" and "Your thinking is
> backward".  Please, no more commentary on me.

If it walks like a duck, I suppose.

-Jeff