[WikiEN-l] Bauer DRV question - history (was Wikimedia Foundation sued)

Rich Holton richholton at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 05:39:05 UTC 2007

Jimmy Wales wrote:
> Denny Colt wrote:
>>  Unfortunately since no one but admins can see the stuff in question
> now, any
>> non-admins have been unfairly (in violation of policy?) removed from any
>> decision making here that is of real value... I "recall" seeing RS on the
>> article before it went away, but if someone challenged me on that--what do I
>> say? "Sorry, can't see it/confirm"?
>>
>> Basically any non-admin is now excluded from the DRV after Doc Glasgow
>> speedied it unless someone restores the history for us.
>
> I don't see any particular problem with that.  The Admins know what they
> are doing.

Jimmy,

I am an admin, and I am truly sorry that you feel this way. And even
sorrier that you stated that you feel this way.

As a project that was founded on and thrives on cooperation, the last
thing we need is an increase in the perceived elitism of admins.

If there are potential legal reasons to keep "hidden" the revision
history of certain deleted articles while the deletion is under review,
revealed only to a small group, then let's make it clear that it is for
legal reasons.

If this is not the case, then let's reveal the revision history.

-Rich Holton
user:Rholton