[WikiEN-l] Out of process deletions

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Mar 27 01:31:13 UTC 2007

Steve Bennett wrote:

>On 3/26/07, Ron Ritzman <ritzman at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Also, I have a hard time imagining a situation where it is absolutely
>>impossible to purge POV from the bio of an otherwise notable person
>>without nuking the article.
>>

>But is that the point? If a credible legal threat it made, we might as
>well just delete the thing first and ask questions later. No single
>article is worth getting sued over - whether the Foundation would win
>the case or not.

This all depends on what you mean by a "credible" legal threat.  Bauer
has gone beyond the threat stage, but was her threat credible in the
first place?  There comes a point where a person has to take a stand or
be forever backpeddling.  Litigious people are well aware that most of
the population is deatly afraid of being sued, and have no compunctions
about taking advantage of the fact.

Ec