[WikiEN-l] Citizendium to launch this week

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 00:29:25 UTC 2007

"Sage Ross" <ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com> writes:
> One interesting possibility (if unlikely) they discussed would
  be to
> intentionally misinterpret/reinterpret/ignore the GFDL by
  relicensing
> Wikipedia content under CC-by-sa, with the hopes of establishing
> compatibility in court.  I know little about the legal aspects
  or the
> chances of success, but if it worked it would be nice for
  us... it
> would give a chance to switch licenses without having to take
  the
> legal risk.
>
> Also check Sanger's snarky manifesto "We Aren't Wikipedia":
> http://blog.citizendium.org/2007/03/21/we-arent-wikipedia/
>
> -Sage

While we're on the topic of changing licenses, does anyone know
whether any further information has come to light about whether
Wikipedia could relicense under the [[GNU Simplified Free
Documentation License]]? I haven't seen any new news for the last
several months, and when I asked him about it, Brad said to wait
for new news - but nothing's been said AFAIK, and now Brad's
gone...

--
Gwern
Inquiring minds want to know.