[WikiEN-l] Out of process deletions

Ron Ritzman ritzman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 23:33:13 UTC 2007

On 3/25/07, charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> "Newyorkbrad (Wikipedia)" wrote
>
> > I think we need some input from the Office as to how this situation should
> > be handled on-wiki.
>
> Maybe. But the deletion of a badly-sourced attack piece biography would not be the       > problem.

And that's exactly why we have CSD, AFD, PROD etc.

"Out of process" deletions have their uses and the ability to do them
is a necessary tool in fighting the firehose of crap but I offer this
proposal to avoid any more Brandt type wheel wars..

If an admin makes an "out of process" deletion, then any other admin
if free to restore the article without prejudice. If restored, it
cannot be deleted again by anyone without going through one of the
established deletion processes. (AFD, CSD, etc) If the admin who
originally deleted it, deletes it again, he is subject to the
immediate loss of his admin privs. If deleted by another admin, he is
informed that it is a contested "out of process" delete and the
article is restored again. If he deletes it again, he could lose his
privs.

This protection shouldn't last forever though. After a certain amount
of time has passed, perhaps a month or 3 (that can be determined by
consensus) someone can try to "OOP" it again.