[WikiEN-l] Just what *is* Jimbo's role anyway? - personality cult

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 25 17:17:37 UTC 2007

Seth Finkelstein wrote

> 3) How silly it is for anyone to speak of the good Wikipedia like the bad cults

Not silly. Just wildly inaccurate. WP's growth by sheer word-of-mouth would impress any proseltysing organisation. But I think nothing much is promised to our volunteers. We're a club that would have accepted Groucho Marx as a member; the project has always been under-resourced and internal discussions tend to be somewhat off-putting. All we offer is an unlimited drain on your free time.

Charles