[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia has no policy on word articles

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Sat Mar 24 19:51:16 UTC 2007

On 3/24/07, bobolozo <bobolozo at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Obviously we do want some articles about words,
> though.  We have "Thou", which is a featured article,
> we have "Truthiness", and many other well sourced and
> well written articles.  We don't want to delete all of
> these, so we must want some articles on words.

Personally, I've always felt that Wikipedia shouldn't have
encyclopedia articles about words.  In my opinion, if an article about
a word is long, it should still be transwikied to wiktionary.

That said, I think an article could be probably be made about
"truthiness" which was about the concept, not the word.  As for
"Thou", I'd vote for it be transwikied.

> One way or another, some sort of policy would be
> better than "Rewrite into a non-word article.  If not
> possible, delete if short, keep if long and nice looking".

I'd say "If it's a noun, transwiki and try to rewrite into a non-word
article (if that fails, delete or redirect).  If not, transwiki and
try to create a redirect (or delete)."

Anthony