[WikiEN-l] Just what *is* Jimbo's role anyway? - "nofollow" decision

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Fri Mar 23 01:59:41 UTC 2007

Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:

> We were inundated with spam.  We still are.  G11 is a necessary tool,
> and in any case we could creatively delete blatant spam as vandalism
> anyway.  The vast majority of G11 tagged articles *are* abominations,
> unlike G11.  Spend time looking at CAT:CSD some time.

With all due respect, that's certainly the company line.  I spend plenty
of time w/CAT:CSD - we're not inundated in a way that required such a
breathless, panicky, rushed situation like we ended up with.

Of course, we're deathly afraid of anything that might actually benefit
someone outside of the project, to boot, so I guess I shouldn't be that
surprised by the general Office/Foundation reaction.  I just chalk it up
to another one of those bizarre deals.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "I was always a fan of Lisa Loeb, particularly
	because you kind of get the impression she
	sang every song either about or to her cats.
	They seem to be the driving force in most of
	her creative process."     - Chuck Klosterman