[WikiEN-l] Just what *is* Jimbo's role anyway?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Mar 21 16:26:42 UTC 2007

stevertigo wrote:

>Steve Bennett wrote:
>

>>I don't see how a private discusson can resolve a public confusion,
>>unless I was to report the results of that "private" discussion
>>afterwards.
>>

>Privacy is an outward indication of respect. Jimbo of course deserves
>respect just like any other community member. Moreso even. Hence these
>public discussions about a good person and outstanding leader have the
>appearance of being personal attacks. Though thats probably not your
>intent, people in the core community cannot rule that out.

Idolatry is not a valid basis for argument.

This debate arose from a public act by Jimbo.  That alone makes it a
valid subject for public discussion.  While I don't completely disregard
the possibility that some people may have taken this as an opportunity
for personal attacks, the discussion as a whole is focused on solving a
real problem.

Ec