[WikiEN-l] Radical redefinition of OR

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Wed Mar 21 16:05:16 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Jimmy Wales wrote:
> > "In 2002 the owners of the Mega Society, a high IQ society, filed suit
> > against Langan and his wife, Gina LoSasso, for unauthorized use of the
> > society's trademarks and trade names.[29][30][31]"
> >
> > This is original research?
> Yes.  To my knowledge, this has never been written up in any newspaper,
> magazine, or book.  It was discovered by reading websites that I think
> we would all agree are not themselves reliable sources and by
> referencing official court documents.  The case, what happened in it,
> the outcome, are all matters of interpretation involving original
> research

I do not agree that stating that A sued B, when you have a court document
stating that A sued B, is a "matter of interpretation involving original
research."  In fact, I find this to be quite strange.

You can argue that it's a notability problem if the only source is the court
document, but poor notability is not original research.