[WikiEN-l] Just what *is* Jimbo's role anyway?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:33:08 UTC 2007

> In the future, such a process should be made more formalized I think (as
> we get bigger and bigger, it is harder and harder to just chat with
> everyone and then make it so), and quite likely the ArbCom (who, after
> all, ultimately make decisions about what "counts" as policy through
> their enforcement of it) should be the ones certifying.

So you're suggesting that ArbCom have a role in policy making similar
to the role Bureaucrats have in RfAs? They come along after all the
discussion and determine if a consensus exists? I like that idea, it's
very easy to implement and would solve quite a lot of the confusion
that almost always surrounds changes in policy.

Now, the question is, how do we decide about changing the policy about
changing policy? This might be a good example of a time when it's best
for a GodKing to step in...