[WikiEN-l] Just what *is* Jimbo's role anyway?

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Wed Mar 21 01:29:38 UTC 2007

stevertigo wrote:

> I don't think this line of questioning is helpful.  Jimbo's role in
> the community is based not just on his early leadership but his
> respect and trust by the community *at large.  His position is one of
> *trust, and In order for his role to have meaning, this role needs to
> remain largely undefined and unconstrained by any set boundaries or
> constitutional delineations. He can negate consensus, simply because
> he can, as he has in the past, and as he will continue to for as long
> as he is active.

To semi-play devil's advocate, how much of that is because he always has
been as opposed to a perhaps mistaken belief that he ultimately runs the
show?  It's not like anyone really bothers to question him, not that
such questioning is likely to garner a response given how busy he ends
up being.

I mean, part of me wonders whether his "God-king" status is supported
simply because he's Jimbo and always has been, or because people
honestly think that's best for the project.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "I was always a fan of Lisa Loeb, particularly
	because you kind of get the impression she
	sang every song either about or to her cats.
	They seem to be the driving force in most of
	her creative process."     - Chuck Klosterman