[WikiEN-l] Jimbo's rejection of [[WP:ATT]]

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Wed Mar 21 00:36:25 UTC 2007

stevertigo wrote:
> Its important to remember that Wikipedia is Jimbo's website. It doesnt
> matter if he is right or wrong on any particular issue.

Wow, I disagree greatly. I'm a big fan of the benevolent dictatorship
system we work under, but my feeling is more like [[Carl_Schurz]]:

"Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right; when wrong,
to be put right."

I think it's his website mostly in the sense that the Linux kernel is
Linus's. It's really everybody's kernel, but everybody follows Linus's
lead because he leads pretty well.

William