[WikiEN-l] User space needs to be more clearly marked

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 23:01:50 UTC 2007

On 3/21/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's exactly what people are meant to be not doing. You shouldn't be
> writing based on your own knowledge, you should be writing based on
> reliable sources. What's the points of writing from your own knowledge
> if you have to go and check a reliable source anyway? Just check the
> source first...

No, read up on [[WP:ATT]]. In general, it's ok to state any fact which
has already been published. If you're 95%+ sure that a relevant fact
has been published, you might as well just add it, especially if
you're creating a stub. If we survived 5 years without the stub, we
can probably survive a few weeks or months with an unsourced but
generally accurate stub.

Steve