[WikiEN-l] Jimbo's rejection of [[WP:ATT]]

Slim Virgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 17:48:50 UTC 2007

On 3/20/07, jf_wikipedia <jf_wikipedia at mac.com> wrote:

> I would like to know the reason for the belated rejection of WP:ATT
> by Jimbo. Mainly I would like to understand why did he not engage
> during the last five months during which the proposal was debated, or
> made any comments in this mailing list when it was raised here.

I believe that Jimbo may have misunderstood and thinks substantive
changes were made, rather than just a merge -- perhaps because of the
situation today at the Langan article and the discussion about primary
sources on this list, which seems to have given the false impression
that changes were made to the NOR policy.

The merge was popular, smooth, there were no changes to policy, and
ATT has quickly become a widely used page, so I'm assuming this was a
misunderstanding that will be sorted out soon enough.

Sarah