[WikiEN-l] April Fool - how to prepare for the onslaught

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 22:17:37 UTC 2007

On Mar 19, 2007, at 5:33 PM, MacGyverMagic/Mgm wrote:

> Based on my experience in previous years, I have no doubt April 1
> will bring
> out a lot of pranksters.
> We had a lot of mess before. Are there any preparations to keep
> things under
> control this year?
> If not, we should organize something ASAP.

I think the easiest thing to do would be to get a page where recent
changes to the encyclopedia can be looked at together so that we can
see what's going on. Secondarily, the ability to make targetted lists
of pages that we can watch and see when get changed would be useful.

Once we have those, all we need is some admins who can look at a
calendar and who are sensibly mirthful - that is, unwilling to accept
crap in the articlespace, and tolerant of amusing hijinks in the
project namespace.

-Phil