[WikiEN-l] Requesting assistance re user:Bastique

Bartning at aol.com Bartning at aol.com
Mon Mar 19 19:04:46 UTC 2007

In a message dated 3/14/2007 7:39:29 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
richholton at gmail.com writes:

I'm  troubled by the course of the conversation that took place about
this on  WP:ANI. At least two people were asserting that one should not
revert  Danny because he's a foundation employee, or Kat Walsh, because
of board  membership.

There have been many, many assertions of late that we on  Wikipedia do
not (should not) give credit to credentials, but to the  content of
contributions. So it's disturbing to see these arguments used.  Using
these sorts of arguments does Wikipedia no favors, and contributes  to
the notion that there is a cabal that one should not cross lest one
suffer the penalty.

Note that I have no comment (and have developed  no opinion) on the
content of the contributions of any of the parties  involved in the
original dispute.

Sounds to me like those in power in Wikipedia want to define things.   That
shouldn't be the way either.  What about truth in articles, not "out  there
somewhere"?

Vincent
UN:John Wallace Rich