[WikiEN-l] User space needs to be more clearly marked

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 03:40:29 UTC 2007

Hi all,
  I was helping my girlfriend's little sister with a school project
last night. Like all high school students, when asked to "research" a
topic, she gets on google and pretty soon ends up at Wikipedia. For
some reason that I don't understand, she wound up on a copy of
[[Paris]] stored in someone's user space. She had no idea - not the
faintest. I noticed because the URL wasn't quite right, and tried to
explain to her, getting questions like "So, what's wrong? The
information is so good!"

So, is there anything we can do to make REALLY REALLY CLEAR to
visitors that User space is *not* article space? For that matter,
perhaps we should have one colour for article space, and another
colour for *everything else*?

Steve