[WikiEN-l] Primary schools - notability

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Mar 18 05:28:18 UTC 2007

Steve Bennett wrote:

>On 3/17/07, Erica <fangaili at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>What's the going consensus on the inherent notability of primary schools?
>>

>Notability is a horrible concept. The rational, reasonable question to
>be asking here is "How much should we write about individual primary
>schools? Should we create an individual article for each individual
>school?"

I have no objection to there being an article on each and every such
school.  For the most part it is not a matter of _we_ creating it, but
of some individual having a specific interest in doing so.  It's not a
matter of having some collective compulsion to write an article for each
school, but letting individuals go ahead when they are interested.

>Whereas what we will probably end up with is some primary schools
>having long articles of very low quality, and most primary schools
>will have nothing *at all* written about them.

In the long term that too will be overcome.  There are many elementary
schools so we can't expect a blanket coverage in anything less than two
years.  We really can't predict what the quality will be like, but my
guess is that it will be uneven for quite some time.  That would just
show that the universe is developping as it should.

Ec