[WikiEN-l] OT (was Re: Fwd: Oops (or, be careful when quoting Wikipedia in your newspaper, part 2))

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 03:13:32 UTC 2007

> Not long ago I bought a new stepladder manufactured in the United
> States.  It is full of stuck on labels warning people about dangers of
> misusing the product.  For a few of us it would seem sensible not to
> attempt to change the blade on a table saw while the motor is running,
> but there are people who would win handsomely in court because the
> manufacturer had failed to post a label warning them of an obvious
> danger.  One can never underestimate the power of unfathomable stupidity.

Totally off-topic, but I notice that many of those squeezable mops
have a huge sign saying WARNING: WET MOP BEFORE WRINGING OUT.

I don't understand:
a) how it's possible to wring out a dry mop
b) why you would want to wring out a dry mop
c) what harm could result.

But obviously it's important for some reason.

Steve