[WikiEN-l] Proposal for a policy

Fred Bauder fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Fri Mar 16 19:54:53 UTC 2007

I don't think we want every checkuser ran by an arbitrator investigating apparent connections logged with the result. Often such checks are unproductive, showing nothing, while those that are productive may not be significant or determinative. Often they made just to have a record. For example, if we are proposing to ban someone, it is helpful to keep a record of where they were editing from, just as a precaution.

Fred