[WikiEN-l] Why cutting'n'pasting from Wikipedia is not a good idea

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Mar 15 18:49:21 UTC 2007

Skyring wrote:

>I'd like to suggest something which I think should work. Whenever an
>administrator edits an article, that version automatically becomes the
>"stable" version that an unregistered reader will see. And it won't have
>"edit" links all over it. Sure, it might have mistakes and it might have
>POV, but the odds are that if an admin has had even a glance at it, it's
>probably good.

I find this attempt to give admins even more power objectionable.  There
are plenty of us who have been around for a long time without having
become admins.  Many operate in limited non-controversial areas.  The
result would be a huge number of articles that will need to be edited by
admins; these articles previously managed quite well without involvement
of admins.

Ec