[WikiEN-l] Almeda University paying for positive Wikipedia edits

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 01:00:52 UTC 2007

On 3/12/07, William Pietri <william at scissor.com> wrote:
> We do not need those people editing on Wikipedia.

No one has ever suggested we would allow the type of behaviour that
Almeda is attempting. There is a world of difference between someone
attempting to expand or improve a subject field, for remuneration, and
someone repeatedly working on the perceived bias of one particular
article.

There are all sorts of ways we could handle this. Like "You can pay
someone to edit articles on your behalf. But you have to tell us
first, and if we tell you to stop, you have to stop." What's wrong
with that?

Steve