[WikiEN-l] Trust vs. Credentials (was Re: Accountability:

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 15:19:03 UTC 2007

On 3/12/07, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Indeed, we should caution against a positive/negative system with
> visible metrics. What I propose is structured, positive-only social
> commentary that is not transaction-driven but relationship-driven and
> is not evaluated numerically.

What problem are we trying to solve exactly?

Problem: Magazine interviews Wikipedia editor and believes his falsely
claimed credentials.
Solution: Caution media to check any credentials claimed by Wikipedia editors.

The NewYorker was silly to publish a claim that their primary source
was a "Theology professor" when he didn't even state what university
he lectured at.

Steve