[WikiEN-l] 10 Things You Did Not Know About Wikipedia

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Sun Mar 11 10:07:15 UTC 2007

> "You cannot actually change anything in Wikipedia."
>
> Is somewhat confusing ("we store all past article versions" would
> probably get the point across better)

Well, the point is to catch the reader by surprise and make them
wonder what is meant by this apparently completely nonsensical
statement. The advantage of tagging this as an essay is that I will
hopefully be able to get away with taking this stylistic liberty. :-)

<places finger on revert button>

> "We're here to stay."
>
> Is somewhat smug.

How about "We're in it for the long haul" or "We're building for the future"?
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic