[WikiEN-l] Accountability: bringing back a proposal I made nearly 2 years...

Bartning at aol.com Bartning at aol.com
Sun Mar 11 02:02:52 UTC 2007

In a message dated 3/7/2007 4:23:05 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
stvrtg at gmail.com writes:

> I wouldn't say academia should be the only criteria for  credibility.
> What
> about work in field or exposure to it?   Someone who fought in World  War
> II or
> a family member  who had their loved one being killed in action  provides
> exposure  to the topics involved.  Often, historians interview  those
>  involved.
> Slavery and the Civil War provide other   examples.

See  [[Nupedia]]

-Stevertigo

There's a difference between experience and credentials.  Nupedia  involved
only credentials, and I'm only saying that what seems over-the-top  stupid and
closed minded should not substitute for policy.

Vincent
http://www.aol.com.