[WikiEN-l] Telegraph article on Essjay

Gary Kirk gary.kirk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 16:26:27 UTC 2007

What's the newswatch facility? I've clicked the 'Errors/corrections?'
link elsewhere on bbc.co.uk informing them the white parts actor in
[[Goodness Gracious Me (TV and radio)]] is Dave Lamb not Roger Lamb -
twice - and it still says Roger. But yeah...

I also contacted The Register, but they neither responded or corrected
their 'comment' ('Farewell, Wikipedia?')

On 09/03/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > (They refuse to see their biased use of
> > the term "Irish Republic" as unacceptable - it's not like Irish
> newswriters
> > use silly terms like British State for the United Kingdom).
>
> How is "Irish Republic" biased? It's has exactly the same meaning as
> "Republic of Ireland", it's just a different way of saying it. It's
> probably wrong, strictly speaking, but it isn't biased. For something
> to be biased it has to come from a particular POV, what POV are you
> accusing the BBC of having?

Gary Kirk