[WikiEN-l] Review

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 8 01:45:57 UTC 2007

stvrtg wrote:
> But we are left with some need to actually clarify what did happen,
> according to our formal processes and to the judgement of our elected
> judges. In this way we can at least have a formal statement which is removed
> of all the hyperbole we have seen thus far.

Clarifying what happened is a task for historians, not judges. When the
accused dies in mid-trial, the trial is dismissed.

If a responsible person or group wanted to develop a policy proposal to
cover future situations, it would be appropriate to include a careful
and detailed review of this case as part of their background material.
To abuse the judicial analogy, this would be a law professor kind of
activity.

Stan