[WikiEN-l] Dealing with juvenile vandalism

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 01:45:22 UTC 2007

On 3/8/07, Aude <audevivere at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been exceptionally busy today dealing with juvenile vandalism, in
> between working on writing articles, and may have issued more blocks today
> than any other single day.  The childish behavior is sure getting annoying.

Could we have more sophisticated auto-detect vandalism and blocks,
that pick up on likely kiddie vandalism, and automatically issue short
term blocks? Something like 30 minutes, and if they do it again, then
we can (manually) intervene and escalate. The amount of manual work
required to combat basic "o rly i can edit??" type vandalism is
excessive - and as you point out, tiring.

Steve