[WikiEN-l] Is editing for payment a fundamentally problematic conflict of...

Bartning at aol.com Bartning at aol.com
Wed Mar 7 14:32:42 UTC 2007

In a message dated 3/5/2007 11:34:03 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
william at scissor.com writes:

Someone  who does extensive work in CS can edit the 99% of CS articles
where the do  not have a strong conflict of interest. I have absolutely
asked passionate  topic experts, no matter how qualified, to not edit on
their personal pet  projects. There are areas where I have strong
expertise that I don't touch  for the same reason: I'm a partisan.

<Partisanship's different than experience or knowledge.  My example  of a
soldier who fought in World War II provides a good example, as well as of a
former slave.  You're using slippery slopes to justify unfairness and  disrespect.

Vincent>
http://www.aol.com.